Wednesday, February 2, 2011

An Earth Day



I spent a good portion of the day walking from one end of the island to the other with Mandy’s (my Australian friend) camera in hand taking various scenic shots.  So, I’ve got a few more stills I’d like to take today and will be returning her camera. 

I started out my walk on the lagoon side of the island (west side).  There was a floating dock that I sat on for a while and various forms of wild life approached me.  I could see fish swimming and birds perched on poles and many mangrove trees all around.






The day was hotter than some past days and there isn’t as much breeze on that west side but all one has to do is head to the east side and there is almost always a breeze off the ocean.  As I walk along the beach, birds are seen along the shore and looking out on the ocean horizon you see the waves breaking over the reef.  Multitude of coconut trees dot the edges of beaches that provide wonderful shade at most anytime of the day.



I got a kick out of Raggamuffin’s sign indicating their hours open and when they take their lunch.  Now that’s a nice lunch brake!



Continuing my walk I have to stress the island motto… “go slow”.



Of course the flowers on the island are amazing!




And as my walk came to an end I found myself right back at where I started, on the floating dock and was able to capture this sunset.




No comments:

Post a Comment